Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Amomyrtus luma.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Amomyrtus luma.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Pot up in the autumn and overwinter in a cold frame. Plant out in late spring. High percentage. Cuttings of mature wood of the current seasons growth, 7 - 12cm with a heel, November in a shaded and frost free frame. Plant out in late spring or early autumn. High percentage.Layering.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Amomyrtus luma. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy in most of Britain but it succeeds outdoors in mild maritime areas. There are a number of plants at Trewithen Gardens in Cornwall, these were fruiting heavily in late summer 1994[K]. The flowers, which are sweetly scented, are susceptible to damage by late spring frosts.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Amomyrtus luma. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Amomyrtus luma.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
"image:Amomyrtus luma-Luma.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.