Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Aleurites cordata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Aleurites cordata.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Aleurites cordata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are not hardy outdoors in Britain. There is some confusion over the name of this species, it is included by some authorities as a synonym of A. fordii (q.v.), though this synonymy might refer to A. cordata. Muell-Arg. A. cordata.(A.Juss.)Steud. is a synonym of A. montana. (Lour.)Wilson. a tree that is native to S.W. China.This species (A cordata [Thunb.)Steud.) is cultivated for its oil in western Japan. It is distinguished from A. montana by the glands at apex of petiole and the leaves with white or brown hairs at branching parts of veins of lower surface. Aleurites montana (Lour.) Wilson, which is distributed in S. China to Indochina and cultivated in China and rarely in western Japan, differs from A. fordii in having ovoid verrucose fruits, that of A. fordii being smooth and spherical. Aleurites fordii Hemsl. is cultivated in China and sometimes in Japan. Aleurites moluccana (L.) Willd. is cultivated in Okinawa Islands (Naha, Kunigami) and different from all of them by the small flowers not over 1 cm long and the leaves without glands
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Aleurites cordata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Aleurites cordata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Wilson. E. H. Plantae Wilsonae. ()
- Hill. A. F. Economic Botany. The Maple Press (1952-00-00)
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)