Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Alangium chinense.
The roots and the stems are a blood tonic, carminative and contraceptive. They are used in the treatment of rheumatism, numbness, traumatic injuries, wounds and snakebites. A decoction of the leafy shoots is said to be tonic. A paste of the roots is applied to the area around dislocated bones to help them setting.The shoot, rootbark and whole plant are all used medicinally.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Alangium chinense. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Not very frost tolerant, this species is likely to be on the borderlines of hardiness even if obtained from its higher provenances. However, although the top growth will be killed back in all but the mildest winters, the plant will usually resprout from the base in the spring and will usually flower in the summer. These flowers are sweetly scented. This species is closely related to A. platinifolium.Although a fair sized tree in its native habitat, it is unlikely to make more than a shrub more than 2 metres tall in Britain. It does not require pruning.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Alangium chinense. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Alangium chinense.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- Duke. J. A. and Ayensu. E. S. Medicinal Plants of China Reference Publications, Inc. ISBN 0-917256-20-4 (1985-00-00)
- ? A Barefoot Doctors Manual. Running Press ISBN 0-914294-92-X ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
"image:Alangium chinensis fleurs3.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.