Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Actaea rubra.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Actaea rubra.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Actaea rubra. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -20°c. A very ornamental plant. Actaea rubra is part of a circumboreal complex and is very similar to the black-fruited European species A . spicata (L.) with which it is sometimes considered conspecific. The western North American plants of A . rubra have been called A . arguta and were distinguished on the basis of their smaller berries, more pubescent leaves, and narrow, more dissected leaflets. Those distinctions, however, are weak; specimens from the West often have fruits and leaves similar to those of plants from the East.A greedy plant, inhibiting the growth of nearby plants, especially legumes.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Actaea rubra. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Actaea rubra.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Schofield. J. J. Discovering Wild Plants - Alaska, W. Canada and the Northwest. ()
- Craighead. J., Craighead. F. and Davis. R. A Field Guide to Rocky Mountain Wildflowers The Riverside Press ISBN 63-7093 (1963-00-00)
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Foster. S. & Duke. J. A. A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants. Eastern and Central N. America. Houghton Mifflin Co. ISBN 0395467225 (1990-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- [Flora of N. America] ()
- Hatfield. A. W. How to Enjoy your Weeds. Frederick Muller Ltd ISBN 0-584-10141-4 (1977-00-00)
"image:Actaea rubra 9451.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.