Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Abies sachalinensis.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Abies sachalinensis.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Abies sachalinensis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Trees come into growth very early in the year and are then susceptible to damage by late frosts but they still do well in Britain. However, young trees are very slow to establish, many trees being less than 90cm after 5 years. Trees grow best in the Perthshire valleys of Scotland and other areas with cool wet summers. Trees should be planted into their permanent positions when they are quite small, between 30 and 90cm in height. Larger trees will check badly and hardly put on any growth for several years. This also badly affects root development and wind resistance. The flowers are produced in axils of the previous year's shoots.Plants are strongly outbreeding, self-fertilized seed usually grows poorly. They hybridize freely with other members of this genus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Abies sachalinensis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Abies sachalinensis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- McMillan-Browse. P. Hardy Woody Plants from Seed. Grower Books ISBN 0-901361-21-6 (1985-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Rushforth. K. Conifers. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-2801-X (1987-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Mitchell. A. F. Conifers in the British Isles. HMSO ISBN 0-11-710012-9 (1975-00-00)
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid