Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Idesia polycarpa.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Idesia polycarpa.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood with a heel, July/August in a frame. Fair percentage.Layering in spring. Takes 12 months.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Idesia polycarpa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
The dormant plant is hardy to about -15°c, though the tree is somewhat hardier if the wood is thoroughly ripened by a long hot summer. The young shoots in spring can be damaged by late frosts. A very ornamental plant. The flowers have a most delicious perfume, which can be wafted far and wide by warm breezes. Trees produce fruit regularly at Kew.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if fruit and seed is required. Female plants can produce some fruit in the absence of a male plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Idesia polycarpa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Idesia polycarpa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Fruit (Unknown use)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-109" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.