Help is coming
Practical Plants is still a very new website, so we're still working on the help sections and user guides. As we add new ones, they'll be listed here. If there's anything you need help with that isn't covered below drop by the community forums to get help.
Before we jump in to the details it's important you understand what makes Practical Plants different from most other sources of plant information: every article on this website is editable by anyone. Including this one!
Introduction to editing
- Editing guide - Introductory articles on using a wiki
- Templates - Useful templates to use when authoring content
- References - Information on how to use references
For a list of sites which are useful to consult for information when compiling or checking articles, see the
- Plant databases and lists - Lists of plant databased and such of use when compiling or checking plant articles
Data standards and terminology
- Established terminology - A list of standard terms used on Practical Plants for uses, plant parts, etc.
Data fixes and cleanup guides
- Plant uses - A guide detailing how to help clean up "unknown" imported plant uses, with lists of affected plants articles.
Project Information & Coordination
- Practical Plants Project - The project coordination page