Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Cornus asperifolia drummondii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Cornus asperifolia drummondii.
Cuttings of half-ripe side shoots, July/August in a frame. Cuttings of mature wood of the current year's growth, taken with a heel if possible, autumn in a cold frame. High percentage.Layering of new growth in June/July. Takes 9 months.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cornus asperifolia drummondii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is recorded in  as only being hardy in zone 9, which means that it is unlikely to succeed outdoors in any but the very mildest areas of the country. Considering the plant's native range, this is almost certainly a mistake[K]. Another report says that the plant withstands extreme cold and very dry spells in its native habitat. This is a fast-growing and relatively long-lived plant in the wild. Flowers are produced in spring on the ends of new growth.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cornus asperifolia drummondii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cornus asperifolia drummondii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Vines. R.A. Trees of North Texas University of Texas Press. ISBN 0292780206 (1982-00-00)
- Elias. T. The Complete Trees of N. America. Field Guide and Natural History. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. ISBN 0442238622 (1980-00-00)
- Sargent. C. S. Manual of the Trees of N. America. Dover Publications Inc. New York. ISBN 0-486-20278-X (1965-00-00)
- Vines. R. A. Trees of Central Texas. University of Texas Press ISBN 0-292-78958-3 (1987-00-00)
- McMillan-Browse. P. Hardy Woody Plants from Seed. Grower Books ISBN 0-901361-21-6 (1985-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Diggs, Jnr. G.M.; Lipscomb. B. L. & O'Kennon. R. J [Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas] Botanical Research Institute, Texas. (1999-00-00)