Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Actinidia giraldii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Actinidia giraldii.
Cuttings of softwood as soon as ready in spring in a frame[K]. Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very high percentage.Cuttings of ripe wood, October/November in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Actinidia giraldii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Young spring growth is susceptible to frost damage. Fruits are formed on second year wood and also on fruit spurs on older wood, any pruning is best carried out in the winter. This is a climbing plant, supporting itself by twining around branches etc. This species is closely related to and probably no more than a part of A. arguta. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.Unlike most members of this genus, this species is hermaphrodite.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Actinidia giraldii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Actinidia giraldii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 6. 1984 - 1985. Royal Horticultural Society (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Natural Food Institute, Wonder Crops. 1987. ()
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)