Types and examples of uses
Parts or all of a plant may have an edible use. Eg.
- leaves for salads or tea
- fruit for fresh consumption, jams, drying or making fruit leathers
- rhizomes (roots) for cooking
- flowers for tea and salads
- nuts, seeds and kernels for drying, sprouting or making nut milk
Parts or all of a plant may have material uses. Eg.
- Wood for turning, timber or fuel
- Extraction of fruit for fungicide
- Fibre for rope
- Bark, dried leaves and branches for weaving
Parts or all of a plant may have medicinal uses. Eg.
- Leaves prepared as an anti-inflammatory tea
- Rhizomes prepared as an anti-bacterial ointment