Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Rubus bifrons.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Tip layering in July. Plant out in autumn.Division in early spring or just before leaf-fall in the autumn.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Rubus bifrons. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
According to the Flora Europaea this species is native to Britain, but it is not in The Flora of the British Isles. This species is a blackberry with biennial stems, it produces a number of new stems each year from the perennial rootstock, these stems fruit in their second year and then die. The plant produces apomictic flowers, these produce fruit and viable seed without fertilization, each seedling is a genetic copy of the parent.Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Rubus bifrons. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Rubus bifrons.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Diggs, Jnr. G.M.; Lipscomb. B. L. & O'Kennon. R. J [Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas] Botanical Research Institute, Texas. (1999-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Clapham, Tootin and Warburg. Flora of the British Isles. Cambridge University Press (1962-00-00)
- ? Flora Europaea Cambridge University Press (1964-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid