Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Pittosporum ralphii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Pittosporum ralphii.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 7cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Poor to fair percentage.Basal ripewood cuttings late autumn in a cold frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Pittosporum ralphii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very cold-hardy outdoors in Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c. Plants succeed outdoors in milder areas of the country though they need greenhouse protection elsewhere. Very amenable to pruning, plants can be cut right back into old wood if required. Closely related to P. crassifolium. The species in this genus are very likely to hybridize with other members of the genus. When growing a species from seed it is important to ensure that the seed either comes from a known wild source, or from isolated specimens in cultivation.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Pittosporum ralphii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Pittosporum ralphii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Lassak. E. V. and McCarthy. T. Australian Medicinal Plants. ()
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Rosewarne experimental horticultural station. Shelter Trees and Hedges. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Pittosporum ralphii - Isola Madre (Stresa) - DSC03244.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.