Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Parthenocissus tricuspidata.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm taken at a node (ensure that it has at least 2 true buds), July/August in a frame. Easy to root but they do not always survive the first winter. Basal hardwood cuttings of current seasons growth, 10 - 12 cm long, autumn in a frame.Layering.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Parthenocissus tricuspidata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Dormant plants are hardy to about -15°c, though the young growth in spring can be damaged by late frosts. A very ornamental plant, there are several named varieties. The flowers are only produced on mature stems and plants usually only fruit after a long hot summer. A rampant climbing plant, clinging by means of round pad-like suckers on the tendrils. It can become a bit of a nuisance by growing into gutters. Plants are very tolerant of trimming and can be cut right back to within 1 metre of the base if required to rejuvenate the plant. Any pruning is best carried out in the spring. Dislikes transplanting, plants often put on very little growth in the year after planting out, though they are then fast growing.Plants often hybridize and so do not always come true from seed.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Parthenocissus tricuspidata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Parthenocissus tricuspidata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)