Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Osmanthus delavayi.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Osmanthus delavayi.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood taken at the end of July, in a frame with bottom heat. Cuttings of almost ripe wood, 7 - 12cm with a heel, September/October in a cold frame. A good percentage. Plant out in the spring 18 months later.Layering in spring or autumn. Partially sever the layer leads in the following late summer and plant out in the autumn. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Osmanthus delavayi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -15°c. A very ornamental plant, the flowers are sweetly scented. It is fairly slow-growing. One report says that fruits are only occasionally produced in Britain whilst another says that plants self-sow in Cornwall.Plants are very amenable to pruning and can be kept quite small by cutting them back after flowering.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Osmanthus delavayi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Osmanthus delavayi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Osmanthus delavayi0.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.