Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Opopanax chironium.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Opopanax chironium. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
We are not sure how hardy this plant is, but the foliage has withstood short periods of temperatures down to -6°c with us[K]. A warm climate is necessary in order to produce good quality gum.Plants seem to be very tolerant of root disturbance, specimens that had been growing for 4 years in one site grew away very well when transplanted as they came into growth in late autumn[K].
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Opopanax chironium. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Opopanax chironium.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Grieve. A Modern Herbal. Penguin ISBN 0-14-046-440-9 (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Hill. A. F. Economic Botany. The Maple Press (1952-00-00)
- ? Flora Europaea Cambridge University Press (1964-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-45" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Opopanax chironium 2007-06-02 (flower).jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.