Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Nymphaea tetragona.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Nymphaea tetragona.
The seed is collected by wrapping the developing seed head in a muslin bag to avoid the seed being lost. Harvest it 10 days after it sinks below the soil surface or as soon as it reappears.Division in May. Each portion must have at least one eye. Submerge in pots in shallow water until established.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Nymphaea tetragona. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
There are two basic types of plant in this genus (this species is a clumper):-
'crawlers' are species with horizontal roots that often spread freely, with new plants being formed at intervals along the root. These species are useful for naturalising, but they do not flower very freely in the cool summers of Britain. 'clumpers' have vertical roots, they form slowly spreading clumps and produce offsets around the crown. These forms flower much more freely in Britain.A very ornamental plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Nymphaea tetragona. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Nymphaea tetragona.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Muhlberg. H. Complete Guide to Water Plants. E. P. Publishing Ltd. ISBN 0-7158-0789-7 (1982-00-00)
- Harris. B. C. Eat the Weeds. Pivot Health (1973-00-00)
- Matthews. V. The New Plantsman. Volume 1, 1994. Royal Horticultural Society ISBN 1352-4186 (1994-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
- Britton. N. L. Brown. A. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States and Canada Dover Publications. New York. ISBN 0-486-22642-5 (1970-00-00)
"image:Nymphaea tetragona2.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.