Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Muehlenbeckia complexa.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 8 cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Pot up in autumn and overwinter in a cold frame. High percentage. Plant out in late spring.Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth, 5 - 10cm with a heel, October/November in a cold frame. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Muehlenbeckia complexa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is hardy to about -5°c. It does not withstand hard frosts, growing very well in south-western Britain but being killed back to the ground by severe frosts at Kew and further north. A climbing plant that supports itself by twining around other plants etc, though it can also support itself and grow more like a shrub.. Polymorphic, there are many sub-species.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Muehlenbeckia complexa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Muehlenbeckia complexa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crowe. A. Native Edible Plants of New Zealand. Hodder and Stoughton ISBN 0-340-508302 (1990-00-00)
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Starr 070906-8442 Muehlenbeckia complexa.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.