Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Muehlenbeckia adpressa.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Muehlenbeckia adpressa.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 8 cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Pot up in autumn and overwinter in a cold frame. High percentage. Plant out in late spring.Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth, 5 - 10cm with a heel, October/November in a cold frame. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Muehlenbeckia adpressa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy in Britain, it requires greenhouse protection in the winter according to some reports, whilst another says that it is possibly hardy in the mildest areas of Britain and another says that it grows luxuriantly in Cornwall. A climbing plant that supports itself by twining around other plants etc. Closely related to M. australis.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Muehlenbeckia adpressa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Muehlenbeckia adpressa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thurston. Trees and Shrubs in Cornwall. ()
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)