Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Lonicera caerulea.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Lonicera caerulea.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with or without a heel, July/August in a frame. Good percentage. Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth, 15 - 20cm with or without a heel, November in a cold frame. Good percentage.Layering in autumn.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Lonicera caerulea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Closely related to L. villosa. Interesting botanically because it appears as though two flowers arise from a single ovary. The fruit is actually a fleshy growth that surrounds the two ovaries.A very variable species, there are some named forms selected for their ornamental value.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Lonicera caerulea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Lonicera caerulea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Britton. N. L. Brown. A. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States and Canada Dover Publications. New York. ISBN 0-486-22642-5 (1970-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
"image:Lonicera coerulea a3.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.