Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Lilium leichtlinii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Lilium leichtlinii.
Division with care in the autumn once the leaves have died down. Replant immediately.Bulb scales can be removed from the bulbs in early autumn. If they are kept in a warm dark place in a bag of moist peat, they will produce bulblets. These bulblets can be potted up and grown on in the greenhouse until they are large enough to plant out.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Lilium leichtlinii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are best grown in a greenhouse border in Britain. This species could be one of the parents of L. lancifolium. Stem rooting, the bulbs should be planted 15cm deep. Early to mid autumn is the best time to plant out the bulbs in cool temperate areas, in warmer areas they can be planted out as late as late autumn. It is said that this species is very difficult to grow whilst its variety L.. leichtlinii maximowiczii is much easier, but this is not necessarily the case.The plant should be protected against rabbits and slugs in early spring. If the shoot tip is eaten out the bulb will not grow in that year and will lose vigour.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Lilium leichtlinii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Lilium leichtlinii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Harrington. H. D. Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains. University of New Mexico Press ISBN 0-8623-0343-9 (1967-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 4. 1982 - 1983. Royal Horticultural Society (1982-00-00)
- RHS Lily Group. Lilies and Related Plants. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Fox. D. Growing Lilies. Croom Helm (1985-00-00)
- Grey. C. H. Hardy Bulbs. Williams & Norgate. (1938-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. and Rix. M. Bulbs Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30253-1 (1989-00-00)
- Woodcock. and Coutts. Lilies - Their Culture and Management. Country Life (1935-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
"image:Lilium leichtlinii.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.