Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Lilium henryi.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Lilium henryi.
Division with care in the autumn once the leaves have died down. Replant immediately.Bulb scales can be removed from the bulbs in early autumn. If they are kept in a warm dark place in a bag of moist peat, they will produce bulblets. These bulblets can be potted up and grown on in the greenhouse until they are large enough to plant out.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Lilium henryi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is very easily grown and is one of the most virus-tolerant of lilies. It is also a fast-growing plant, onion-sized flowering bulbs can be obtained in 2 years from seed[K]. The flowers have a pleasant sweet perfume. Early to mid autumn is the best time to plant out the bulbs in cool temperate areas, in warmer areas they can be planted out as late as late autumn.The plant should be protected against rabbits and slugs in early spring. If the shoot tip is eaten out the bulb will not grow in that year and will lose vigour.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Lilium henryi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Lilium henryi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- RHS Lily Group. Lilies and Related Plants. ()
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 4. 1982 - 1983. Royal Horticultural Society (1982-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. and Rix. M. Bulbs Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30253-1 (1989-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
"image:LiliumHenryi.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.