Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Ligustrum ovalifolium.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Ligustrum ovalifolium.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Very easy.Cuttings of mature wood, 20 - 30cm in a sheltered outdoor bed in November/December. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ligustrum ovalifolium. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -15°c. They can be cut back to the ground in very severe winters but usually resprout from the base. Plants are often deciduous in cold winters, when grown in poor soils, near the coast or in an exposed position. A moderately fast-growing plant, though it is also very greedy, robbing the surrounding soil of more nutrients and moisture than most hedging plants. Some named forms have been developed for their ornamental value.This species is notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ligustrum ovalifolium. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ligustrum ovalifolium.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Rosewarne experimental horticultural station. Shelter Trees and Hedges. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
"image:Ligustrum ovalifolium1.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.