Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Leymus racemosus.
If the supply of seed is limited, it can also be sown in mid spring in a cold frame. Only just cover the seed. When large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and plant them out in summer[K]Division in spring or summer. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Leymus racemosus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Currently (1990) being evaluated as a perennial grain crop in N. America.There are some named varieties, selected for their ornamental value.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Leymus racemosus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Leymus racemosus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Grounds. R. Ornamental Grasses. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-1219-9 (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-50" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.