Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Hypericum monogynum.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Hypericum monogynum.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 10 - 12 cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Overwinter in a frame and plant out in the following spring.Cuttings of mature wood, 12 - 17cm with a heel, October/November in a sheltered position outdoors. Plants root by the spring. Good percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hypericum monogynum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is generally not very hardy in Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c. It is often cut back to the ground in winter but usually resprouts from the base. It is, however, a very variable plant and there are some forms that are more reliably hardy This plant has long been known in gardens, erroneously, as H. chinense.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hypericum monogynum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hypericum monogynum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Stuart. Rev. G. A. Chinese Materia Medica. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre ()
- Chopra. R. N., Nayar. S. L. and Chopra. I. C. Glossary of Indian Medicinal Plants (Including the Supplement). Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi. (1986-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Hypericum monogynum1.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.