Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Helianthus laetiflorus.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Helianthus laetiflorus.
Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring.Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Helianthus laetiflorus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
The young growth is extremely attractive to slugs, plants can be totally destroyed by them[K]. Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer or rabbits. A naturally occurring hybrid, H. pauciflorus (or H. rigidus in another report) x H. tuberosus. Plants have a running root system and can be very invasive.This species is often grown as an ornamental plant, there are several named varieties.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Helianthus laetiflorus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Helianthus laetiflorus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Saunders. C. F. Edible and Useful Wild Plants of the United States and Canada. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-23310-3 (1976-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
- Britton. N. L. Brown. A. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States and Canada Dover Publications. New York. ISBN 0-486-22642-5 (1970-00-00)