Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Gaultheria mucronata.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 3 - 6cm long, July/August in a frame in a shady position. They form roots in late summer or spring. A good percentage usually take. Division in spring just before new growth begins. 'Drop' the plants 12 months earlier by digging them up and replanting them deeper in the soil so that the branches are buried and can form roots. This works best in a sandy soil. It is best to pot up the divisions and grow them on in a lightly shaded position in the greenhouse until they are established. Plant them out in the summer.Layering in September/October. Takes 12 months.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Gaultheria mucronata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very hardy plant, tolerating temperatures down to about -20°c. Plants spread quite freely, forming thickets by means of suckers. Plants sometimes have hermaphrodite flowers but are usually dioecious and at least one male plant is required for every 5 or 6 females if fruit is required. A very ornamental shrub, there are many named varieties. 'Davis's Hybrids' is said to be hermaphrodite.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Gaultheria mucronata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Gaultheria mucronata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Royal Horticultural Society. Ground Cover Plants. Cassells. ISBN 0-304-31089-1 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Moore. D. M. Flora of Tierra del Fuego. Anthony Nelson. ISBN 0-904614-05-0 (1983-00-00)
"image:Pernettya mucronata 1.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.