Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Euphorbia serpyllifolia.
A decoction of the plant has been used to encourage milk flow in nursing mothers and to treat diarrhoea, stomach aches. Externally, the decoction has been used as a wash on running sores and poison ivy rash. A poultice of the plant has been applied to rattlesnake bites - this must be done immediately after being bitten if it is to be effective. A poultice made from the chewed plant has been applied to cuts to stop the bleeding. The heated poultice has been used to treat toothache. The dried leaves have been rubbed into scratches on the abdomen to treat dysentery and bloating in children.The sap has been used to treat warts. The sap needs to be applied at least once a day and will take some time to be effective.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Euphorbia serpyllifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Euphorbia serpyllifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Euphorbia serpyllifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Matthews. V. The New Plantsman. Volume 1, 1994. Royal Horticultural Society ISBN 1352-4186 (1994-00-00)
- Yanovsky. E. Food Plants of the N. American Indians. Publication no. 237. U.S. Depf of Agriculture. ()
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Carruthers. S. P. (Editor) Alternative Enterprises for Agriculture in the UK. Centre for Agricultural Strategy, Univ. of Reading ISBN 0704909820 (1986-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
- Britton. N. L. Brown. A. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States and Canada Dover Publications. New York. ISBN 0-486-22642-5 (1970-00-00)
"image:Euphorbia serpyllifolia1.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.