Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Erigeron glaucus.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Erigeron glaucus.
Division in spring or autumn. Larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring. Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 5 - 10cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Cuttings of semi-ripe shoots in summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Erigeron glaucus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -10°c. A good butterfly and moth plant. There are some named varieties selected for their ornamental value. The bruised leaves have a balsamic perfume. Does well in the border or rock garden.Very few members of this genus will hybridise with other members of the genus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Erigeron glaucus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Erigeron glaucus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Sanders. T. W. Popular Hardy Perennials. Collingridge (1926-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Carter D. Butterflies and Moths in Britain and Europe. Pan ISBN 0-330-26642-x (1982-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Diggs, Jnr. G.M.; Lipscomb. B. L. & O'Kennon. R. J [Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas] Botanical Research Institute, Texas. (1999-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Hitchcock. C. L. Vascular Plants of the Pacific Northwest. University of Washington Press (1955-00-00)
"image:Erigeron glaucus AM.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.