Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Corokia x virgata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Corokia x virgata.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame.Cuttings of mature wood of the current year's growth, 7 - 10cm with a heel, November in a cold frame. Leave for 12 months before potting up. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Corokia x virgata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is on the borderlines of hardiness at Kew, but it resprouts from the base if cut back by severe weather. It tolerates temperatures down to about -8°c if growing in a sunny sheltered position by a wall and also succeeds as a free-standing shrub in the milder areas of the country. This hybrid species is particularly free-flowering and produces copious fruit. A number of named forms have been developed for their ornamental value.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Corokia x virgata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Corokia x virgata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)