Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Colletia paradoxa.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Colletia paradoxa.
Cuttings of half-ripe side shoots, 5 - 8cm with a heel, July/August in a frame.Cuttings of mature side shoots of the current year's growth, 10 - 12cm with a heel, early winter in a cold frame. Leave for 18 months before potting up. Good percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Colletia paradoxa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is not very hardy in Britain, succeeding outdoors only in the milder areas of the country and tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c. It succeeds outdoors at Kew but is shy to flower there. It only flowers well after very hot summers. The plants do not have leaves, but they have very sharp spines which are used instead of the leaves in the function of photosynthesis. The flowers are fragrant.A very slow growing plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Colletia paradoxa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Colletia paradoxa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Rosewarne experimental horticultural station. Shelter Trees and Hedges. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1984-00-00)
"image:Colletia paradoxa0.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.