Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Caragana jubata.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame.Layering in spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Caragana jubata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very hardy plant but it does not like the lack of sun in British gardens. It is best grown at the foot of a warm dry wall in a well-drained light soil. It prefers a continental climate with hot summers and cold winters, it does not flower freely in Britain due to our cooler summers and lack of sunshine. A remarkably curious shrub, but it is not showy. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Caragana jubata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Caragana jubata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Zhang Jingwei. Alpine Plants of China. Gordon & Breach. New York. ISBN 0-677-60190-5 (1982-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
"image:Palmengarten fg17.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.