Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Campanula portenschlagiana.
Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, the plant can be divided at almost any time of the year.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula portenschlagiana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -15°c. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. A rampant plant, capable of spreading widely when in suitable conditions by means of both underground roots and long stems above ground . It makes a good ground cover but can become a nuisance if it is not sited with care. It is, however, fairly easy to control by simply pulling up any parts of the plant that wander too far. There are several named forms selected for their ornamental value.Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula portenschlagiana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula portenschlagiana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Royal Horticultural Society. Ground Cover Plants. Cassells. ISBN 0-304-31089-1 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Lewis. P. & Lynch. M. Campanulas - A Gardener's Guide. B. T. Batsford. London. ISBN 0-7134-8266-4 (1998-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
"image:Arenaria procera glabra0.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.