Basal cuttings in spring. Harvest the shoots when they are about 10 - 15cm long with plenty of underground stem. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.Division in spring or autumn. Difficult, because the long runners do not take kindly to separation from the parent plant and are difficult to establish.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Campanula parryi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to at least -15°c. The species in this genus do not often hybridize and so seed can generally be relied upon to come true. The plants are self-fertile. Seed is freely produced in British gardens. Plants are very attractive to slugs.Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Campanula parryi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Campanula parryi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Arnberger. L. P. Flowers of the Southwest Mountains. Southwestern Monuments Ass. (1968-00-00)
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Sanders. T. W. Popular Hardy Perennials. Collingridge (1926-00-00)
- Crook. H. Clifford. Campanulas - their cultivation and classification. Country Life (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Hitchcock. C. L. Vascular Plants of the Pacific Northwest. University of Washington Press (1955-00-00)