The root is chewed to relieve rashes on the tongue. A paste made from the roots is used to treat fevers. The juice of the root is used to treat indigestion. An oil obtained from the roots is aromatic and stomachic. It is assumed that this is an essential oil[K]. The inner bark is pounded and used as a poultice on cuts and wounds.The fruits are chewed to treat boils on the tongue. The juice of ripe fruits is used in the treatment of indigestion and fevers.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 10cm long, July/August in a frame. High percentage.Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth with a heel taken in early spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Callicarpa macrophylla. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Callicarpa macrophylla. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Callicarpa macrophylla.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Chopra. R. N., Nayar. S. L. and Chopra. I. C. Glossary of Indian Medicinal Plants (Including the Supplement). Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi. (1986-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-146" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.