Used as a rootstock for other members of this genus.Wood - soft, easily worked, pinkish with a prominent grain. It is highly decorative but the plants tend to be gnarled and irregular thus limiting its use. Used for veneers, furniture etc.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Banksia integrifolia.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Banksia integrifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants require greenhouse protection in most parts of Britain but they succeed outdoors on a sheltered wall in the mildest areas of the country. Plants in Australian gardens tolerate temperatures down to at least -7°c, but this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer colder and wetter winters. A polymorphic species, there are many named varieties selected for their ornamental value.A good bee plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Banksia integrifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Banksia integrifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Low. T. Wild Food Plants of Australia. Angus and Robertson. ISBN 0-207-14383-8 (1989-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Holliday. I. and Hill. R. A Field Guide to Australian Trees. Frederick Muller Ltd. ISBN 0-85179-627-3 (1974-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
"image:B integrifolia integrifolia1.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.