Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Baccharis halimifolia.
Plants have an extensive root system and can be grown on sand or thin coastal soils in order to bind the soil.Resinous secretions on the leaves and wood make this a useful fuel. It is a fairly small plant though and would not be a very productive source.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very easy[K].Cuttings of mature wood of the current seasons growth, November in a frame. Easy[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Baccharis halimifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -15°c. A fast-growing plant, it is very tolerant of pruning and can be cut right back to the base if required[K]. The presence of this plant growing wild was supposed to indicate areas where oil might be found.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Baccharis halimifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Baccharis halimifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Diggs, Jnr. G.M.; Lipscomb. B. L. & O'Kennon. R. J [Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas] Botanical Research Institute, Texas. (1999-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Coffey. T. The History and Folklore of North American Wild Flowers. Facts on File. ISBN 0-8160-2624-6 (1993-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-235" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Baccharis halimifolia.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.