Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Actinidia coriacea.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Actinidia coriacea.
Cuttings of softwood as soon as ready in spring in a frame[K]. Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very high percentage.Cuttings of ripe wood, October/November in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Actinidia coriacea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A fairly hardy plant, succeeding in many parts of the country, but young spring growth is susceptible to frost damage. Plants are semi-evergreen in mild winters. Fruits are formed on second year wood and also on fruit spurs on older wood, any pruning is best carried out in the winter. The flowers are softly scented. This is a climbing plant, supporting itself by twining around branches etc. Plants are often erroneously labelled A. henryi in British nurseries. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if fruit and seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Actinidia coriacea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Actinidia coriacea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Simmons. A. E. Growing Unusual Fruit. David and Charles ISBN 0-7153-5531-7 (1972-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Li. H. L. Journal of the Arnold Arboretum. Volume 32. Arnold Arboretum. (1952-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 6. 1984 - 1985. Royal Horticultural Society (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Natural Food Institute, Wonder Crops. 1987. ()
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid