Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Achillea ageratum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Achillea ageratum.
Division in spring or autumn. Very easy, the divisions can be planted direct into their permanent positions.Basal cuttings of new shoots in spring. Very easy, collect the shoots when they are about 10cm tall, potting them up individually in pots and keeping them in a warm but lightly shaded position. They should root within 3 weeks and will be ready to plant out in the summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Achillea ageratum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -20°c. An excellent plant to grow in a large pot, the long stems will tend to arch down and continue to flower for a long time. The leaves have a pungent aroma, especially when the plant is grown in a hot sunny position. The plant is intermediate between A. millefolium and A. ptarmica in its characteristics. There is at least one named variety, selected for its ornamental value.Hybridizes freely with other members of the genus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Achillea ageratum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Achillea ageratum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 1. Thompson and Morgan. (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- Chatto. B. The Dry Garden. Dent ISBN 0460045512 (1982-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Foy. N. Herbs Pan Books Ltd. London. ISBN 0-330-30725-8 (1990-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
"image:Achillea ageratum habito.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.