Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Abelia triflora.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Abelia triflora.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 -10cm with a slight heel, July in pots of sandy soil in a frame. Takes 3 - 4 weeks. Very easy, a good percentage of the cuttings root. Cuttings of mature wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel if possible, November in a cold frame. High percentage.Layering young shoots.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Abelia triflora. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is hardy to about -15°c, it grows well in the open at Kew. A fairly slow-growing plant, it is shy to flower in British gardens unless placed against a sunny wall. It flowers on wood that is 2 - 3 years old or older. Another report says that the plant flowers on the new wood, whilst another says that it flowers on terminal clusters. Any pruning is best done immediately after flowering by thinning out the old wood.. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus. Closely related to A buddleioides and A. umbellata.The flowers are wonderfully scented, with the fragrance of vanilla.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Abelia triflora. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Abelia triflora.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (32202/01/01)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (32202/01/01)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (32202/01/01)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (32202/01/01)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (32202/01/01)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (32202/01/01)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (32202/01/01)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (32202/01/01)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (32202/01/01)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (32202/01/01)
"image:Abelia triflora.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.