Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Cupressus torulosa.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Cupressus torulosa.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cupressus torulosa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is somewhat tender in Britain, succeeding only in the milder areas of the country, though some provenances should prove hardier. Trees are slow growing in most of Britain, though growth is much faster in S.W. England and S. Ireland. This species is planted on a small scale as a timber tree in Italy. Cones can remain closed on the tree for a number of years, opening after the heat of a forest fire to scatter their seeds which then germinate and grow away quickly in the ashes of the fire. The crushed foliage smells of lawn mowings.Trees are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cupressus torulosa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cupressus torulosa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Polunin. O. and Stainton. A. Flowers of the Himalayas. Oxford Universtiy Press (1984-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rushforth. K. Conifers. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-2801-X (1987-00-00)
- Mitchell. A. F. Conifers in the British Isles. HMSO ISBN 0-11-710012-9 (1975-00-00)
- ? Flora Europaea Cambridge University Press (1964-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Opatija034.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.