Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Xanthoceras sorbifolium.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Xanthoceras sorbifolium.
Root cuttings, 3cm long planted horizontally in pots in a frame in December or January. Good percentage.Division of suckers in the dormant season. They can be planted out straight into their permanent positions.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Xanthoceras sorbifolium. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Dormant plants are hardy to about -20°c. They grow best in areas with warm summers and dry springs without late frosts, the young growth can be damaged by late spring frosts. They require summer heat in order to fully ripen their wood and to stimulate the production of flower buds. They are subject to attacks by 'coral spot' fungus, particularly if the wood is not fully ripened and is then damaged by winter cold.Flowers are produced on the previous year's wood. Plants are usually slow to become established.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Xanthoceras sorbifolium. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Xanthoceras sorbifolium.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Reid. B. E. Famine Foods of the Chiu-Huang Pen-ts'ao. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre (1977-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Stuart. Rev. G. A. Chinese Materia Medica. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre ()
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)