Layering in spring just before the leaves unfurl. Takes 1 - 3 years.Suckers, when formed, can be removed with as much root as possible during the dormant season and replanted immediately.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Tilia amurensis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Prefers a continental climate, growing more slowly and not producing fertile seed in areas with cool summers. Grows best in a woodland situation, young plants tolerate a reasonable level of side shade. This species is closely related to T. cordata. It is also closely related to Tilia japonica, differring in having smaller leaves and bracts, and shorter cyme. Lime trees tend to hybridise freely if other members of the genus are growing nearby. If growing plants from seed it is important to ensure the seed came from a wild source or from an isolated clump of the single species[K]. Trees are usually attacked by aphids which cover the ground and the leaves with a sticky honeydew. Quite tolerant of root disturbance, semi-mature trees up to 5 metres tall have been transplanted successfully.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Tilia amurensis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Tilia amurensis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Wilson. E. H. and Trollope. M. N. Corean Flora. Royal Asiatic Society (1918-00-00)
- Lauriault. J. Identification Guide to the Trees of Canada Fitzhenry and Whiteside, Ontario. ISBN 0889025649 (1989-00-00)
- McMillan-Browse. P. Hardy Woody Plants from Seed. Grower Books ISBN 0-901361-21-6 (1985-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
"image:Tilia amurensis 2777.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.