Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Smilax trinervula.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Smilax trinervula.
Division in early spring as new growth begins. Larger divisions can be planted out direct into their permanent positions. We have found it best to pot up the smaller divisions and grow them on in a lightly shaded position in a cold frame, planting them out once they are well established in the summer.Cuttings of half-ripe shoots, July in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Smilax trinervula. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Succeeds in most soils in sun or semi-shade.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Smilax trinervula. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Smilax trinervula.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)