A decoction of the stems has been drunk by a woman in the ninth month of her pregnancy in order to ease childbirth.A decoction of the whole plant has been given to children as a treatment for constipation and has been used as a wash to soothe nervous and irritable babies. The plant is used as a treatment for sore gums.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Sedum spathulifolium. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to at least -15°c. All members of this genus are said to have edible leaves, though those species, such as this one, that have yellow flowers can cause stomach upsets if they are eaten in quantity.Plants in this genus seem to be immune to the predations of rabbits.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Sedum spathulifolium. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Sedum spathulifolium.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Elias. T. and Dykeman. P. A Field Guide to N. American Edible Wild Plants. Van Nostrand Reinhold ISBN 0442222009 (1982-00-00)
- Harrington. H. D. Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains. University of New Mexico Press ISBN 0-8623-0343-9 (1967-00-00)
- Schofield. J. J. Discovering Wild Plants - Alaska, W. Canada and the Northwest. ()
- Royal Horticultural Society. Ground Cover Plants. Cassells. ISBN 0-304-31089-1 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Hitchcock. C. L. Vascular Plants of the Pacific Northwest. University of Washington Press (1955-00-00)
"image:Sedum spathulifolium2.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.