Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Schinus polygamus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are very variable in their cold tolerance depending on their provenance, most forms are not very hardy outdoors in Britain but selected forms succeed when grown against a sunny wall. A plant growing in a fairly sunny position, but under quite dense tree cover, at Hilliers Arboretum in Hampshire is thriving and had set a large crop of fruit in September 1996[K]. Plants are intolerant of root disturbance.Dioecious, male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Schinus polygamus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Schinus polygamus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- ? Flora of Chile. (in Spanish) ()
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)