Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Ribes valdivianum.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Ribes valdivianum.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 10 - 15cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Cuttings of mature wood of the current year's growth, preferably with a heel of the previous year's growth, November to February in a cold frame or sheltered bed outdoors.Division of suckers in the dormant season. They can be planted out direct into their permanent positions.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ribes valdivianum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -20°c. Plants produce suckers Plants can harbour a stage of 'white pine blister rust', so they should not be grown in the vicinity of pine trees. Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.The flowers are often damaged by spring frosts and so it does not fruit well in Britain.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ribes valdivianum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ribes valdivianum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Simmons. A. E. Growing Unusual Fruit. David and Charles ISBN 0-7153-5531-7 (1972-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Arnberger. L. P. Flowers of the Southwest Mountains. Southwestern Monuments Ass. (1968-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)