Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Potamogeton cristatus.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Potamogeton cristatus.
Division in spring.Cuttings of erect shoots in the growing season.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Potamogeton cristatus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A submerged aquatic plant that can be used as an oxygenator of ponds. It is best given a loam based medium in full sun. A fast growing plant in need of constant checking to make sure it does not overrun the pond.Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus, the resulting progeny is usually sterile.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Potamogeton cristatus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Potamogeton cristatus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Muhlberg. H. Complete Guide to Water Plants. E. P. Publishing Ltd. ISBN 0-7158-0789-7 (1982-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)