Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 7cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Poor to fair percentage.Basal ripewood cuttings late autumn in a cold frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Pittosporum eugenioides. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Not very hardy in Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c. Plants succeed outdoors in Cornwall, though they need greenhouse protection in other parts of the country. Very amenable to pruning, plants can be cut right back into old wood if required. There are some named varieties selected for their ornamental value. 'Variegatum' is hardier than the type. The species in this genus are very likely to hybridize with other members of the genus. When growing a species from seed it is important to ensure that the seed either comes from a known wild source, or from isolated specimens in cultivation.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Pittosporum eugenioides. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Pittosporum eugenioides.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crowe. A. Native Edible Plants of New Zealand. Hodder and Stoughton ISBN 0-340-508302 (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Pittosporum eugenioides.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.