Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 8 cm with a heel, early August in a frame. Over-winter in the greenhouse for its first year and plant out after the last expected frosts. Good percentage.Cuttings of almost mature wood, 4 - 5 cm with a heel, October/November in a frame. Good percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Leptospermum ericoides. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very cold-hardy, tolerating temperatures down to about -5°c, though there are montane forms that might be hardier. It only succeeds outdoors in the milder areas of Britain. Resentful of root disturbance, plants should be pot grown and planted out in their final positions as soon as possible. The flowers have a delicate sweet perfume. Plants do not regenerate from old wood.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Leptospermum ericoides. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Leptospermum ericoides.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crowe. A. Native Edible Plants of New Zealand. Hodder and Stoughton ISBN 0-340-508302 (1990-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)