Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Hydrangea serrata.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 8cm long, July/August in a frame. Overwinter in a greenhouse and plant out in late spring. Cuttings of mature wood in late autumn in a frame. Mound layering in spring. Takes 12 months.Leaf-bud cuttings of the current seasons growth in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hydrangea serrata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -25°c when dormant but the young growth in spring can be killed by late frosts. A very ornamental plant, there are many named varieties. Considerable difficulties exist in the nomenclature for this species and H. microphylla. They are treated here in accordance with \"Bean's Manual of Trees and Shrubs\", though many botanists view H. serrata as no more than a sub-species of H. macrophylla.This species is notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hydrangea serrata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hydrangea serrata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kariyone. T. Atlas of Medicinal Plants. ()
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-184" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.